SOFTAGRI aims to develop new educational approaches on sustainable food production and consumption for Food producer marketing organisations and enterprises based on consumer-producer or producer-retailer partnerships.
- 1 billion people is suffering for lack of food and 1 billion people has pathologies directly caused by abundance of food.
- In Europe, each inhabitant buy more than 700 Kg of food per year…
- and produce more than 550 Kg of waste (from which 40% is due to what we eat)
- 43% of the ecological footprint derives from what we eat
- More that 30% of kids are too fat,
- About 7% of health expenses are used to cure food-related diseases
21% of greenhouse gas derives from transport, 9% from agriculture and 3% from waste production (Source EEA Data 2006 for 2004)
Kick off meeting
SoftAgri Report 2010